Table of Contents
Do you know what critical thinking is? It is the way of thinking that implies your reasonable and reflective thinking and helps you make the right choice. One has to use critical thinking in a number of situations day by day. For example, people apply critical thinking skills when they have to exercise their vote and find valid reasons to support a particular candidate. One isn't born with the ability to think critically as it is something that has to be learned and developed during the lifetime. People use their critical thinking skills when encountering everyday problems and finding ways to solve them. If you have to write an essay on critical thinking, you need to demonstrate your mature views and their impact on your life and society. You also need to show the way you apply your thinking skills every day.
How to choose a critical thinking essay topic and how to develop it?
Use our tips to select a good topic and develop a successful essay:
- Choose the issue that you can discuss, stating your views and arguments
- Argue intelligently and remember to be responsible for your words
- Find sample papers on critical thinking to get a clear idea of how you should present your arguments, use the proper format, and structure your essay
- List the points you would like to include into your paper and discuss them in detail
- Develop solutions to the problem of your choice
- Weight the advantages and disadvantages of your solutions
- Use persuasive arguments when you present your point of view
- Support your opinion with data presented in charts, tables, and diagrams
- Remember to be imaginative and creative when writing your essay
Potential topics for a critical thinking essay
You can choose such topics as:
- What is the logic of critical thinking?
- Is creative thinking more significant that critical thinking?
- Does critical thinking help make workplace decisions?
- How to develop critical thinking skills?
- What a person needs to learn to think critically?
- Is critical thinking similar to skepticism in any way?
- Sustainable development: is it possible to achieve?
- Death penalty: is it necessary or not?
- What is better - city or village life?
- Is home schooling better than regular schooling?
- Do schools create social inequalities?
- Do mass media create grounds for moral breakdown?
- What are the morals of today's world?
- Is it difficult to find a person with moral values today?